Time Flies Fast
Lately, I have found myself thinking about and observing the world around me, especially about how quickly time seems to pass these days. I do not remember ever experiencing time at such a pace, especially when I was younger. Back then, days felt much longer and passed more slowly, whether I was busy or simply doing nothing. There is a common idea that when we are deeply engaged in something, we tend to lose track of time. Yet as I grow older, I notice that even ordinary days seem to pass so quickly, as if time itself has become faster.
This feeling is both fascinating and frightening to me. It makes me think
about my what-ifs more often than I should. I think about the things I could
have done, the choices I could have made, and the things I still want to
achieve. Sometimes, I look at the calendar and realize that another month has
already passed. Before I know it, another year is almost over.
When I was younger, I thought I had so much time. Birthdays, school breaks,
and important events seemed so far away. Now, they seem to come and go in an
instant. Perhaps time has not really become faster. Maybe I have simply become
more familiar with my routine. When we are young, many things are new, so we
remember our days more clearly. As we grow older, many days become similar, and
they easily blend.
This realization makes me want to slow down and pay more attention to the
present. I cannot stop time, but I can be more mindful of how I spend it. I can
appreciate simple moments, spend time with people who matter, and allow myself
to enjoy where I am instead of always thinking about where I should be.
I still have many what-ifs, and I probably always will. But perhaps growing
older means learning to live with them without allowing them to control the
present. Time will continue to move, whether I am ready or not. I may not be
able to make it slower, but I can make the time I have more meaningful.
Maybe that is what growing older really teaches us: not to hold on to time,
but to pay attention while it is still here.

Comments
Post a Comment